- No minimum order
- Free delivery throughout England for orders over £150, or £15 below
- Free delivery throughout England when 3 or more bag in a box wines are purchased
The Edgy Set 6
Colombière Le Grand B 2016
Metz Sylvaner 2017
Breton Pierres Rousses 2017
Texier Chat Fou 2018
Sébastian David Kezako 2018
Roquefort Gueule de Loup 2018
We tend not to be ‘shouty’ about our wines, however we realise that many of you may not be aware that we have a number of producers who have been quietly championing low sulphur, native yeasts, minimal intervention, alternate vessels; they have been at the vanguard of real winemaking. From Eric Texier through to Catherine and Pierre Breton, these have been friends of Trevor and St JOHN for many years. This case is a nod to those producers. A selection of 3 white and 3 red…. One of our new favourites, a much maligned grape but what an expression it is from Domaine Gerard Metz, great concentration, finesse and organic, the sublime Pierres Rousses with its delicate, feminine chenin blanc, with grown up savoury undertones. And the very rare, one of its kind Bousseylet grape from Colombière Le Grand B – this is a newly identified grape from the red-dominant Fronton area of SW France. Bousseylet is round, plush and complex with ginger spice and a subtle power – think Burgundy gone rogue.
For the reds, in weight order we start with Eric Texier’s Chat Fou – the medium bodied, dark fruits, earthy with purity. And to finish the case we have a bottle of Loire’s Sebastien David’s Kezako. Biodynamic and made from Cabernet Franc, like PUR this is unfined and unfiltered and, interestingly, the wine is aged in barrel for 50 days on rolling racks (there is a tag ‘roll & roc’ on the back label) so the barrels can be rolled every day to maximise lees contact.
- No minimum order.
- Free delivery throughout England for orders over £150, or £15 below.
- Free delivery throughout England when 3 or more bag in box wines are purchased
- For all international wine orders or general wine enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0207 553 9843.