- No minimum order
- Free delivery throughout England and Wales for orders over £150, or £15 below
- Free delivery throughout England and Wales when 3 or more bag in a box wines are purchased
Pineau Des Charentes NV
Luscious - Whisky like - Almonds - Caramel
Delicious, intriguing and rarely seen on the isles! A fortified wine (of sorts) which is traditionally served as an aperitif in the Cognac region, however we usually enjoy it as a dessert wine here at St. John. Deep amber, redolent of a delicate scotch, with hazelnuts, almonds and sweet caramel on the palate, all balanced out by fresh citrus and fruity acidity. A real journey! The circulating tale is that centuries ago a vigneron accidentally poured unfermented grape juice (destined to be white wine) in to an oak barrel that already contained some Cognac. The spirit prevented fermentation and he came back a few years later to find a deep, luscious, sweet concoction that wasn’t half bad...! This has been refined over the years to become the Pineau des Charentes we know today. It will stay fresh in the fridge for weeks (it rarely lasts that long) and is perfectly suited to the winter season.
Cabernet Sauvignon 40%
- No minimum order.
- Free delivery throughout England for orders over £150, or £15 below.
- Free delivery throughout England when 3 or more bag in box wines are purchased
- For all international wine orders or general wine enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0207 553 9843.