- No minimum order
- Free UK mainland delivery for orders over £150, or £10 below
- Free UK mainland delivery when 3 or more bag in a box wines are purchased
Louis Roque Mirabelle NV
Mirabelle!.. a small golden fruit from the plum family that is rather sweet and aromatic. This is a classic crisp fruit eau-de-vie. This never touches oak barrels so the fruit remains bright and alive. Served from the fridge they are crisp and fresh.
The distillery was founded by Louis Roque in Souillac in 1905 in an old convent. Taking plums from local farmers they were distilled into a plum eau-de-vie that was then aged in oak barrels. In the main, fruit eau-de-vie is never stored in barrels and so remains a crisp clear fruit laden spirit (Like his Framboise, Mirabelle and Poire Williams). Adopting the practices of his Cognac and Armagnac producing neighbours Louis Roque left the plum spirit in oak barrels that served to intensify the fruit and give it both softness and complexity.
As time progressed the distillery ceased distilling and sourced plum eau-de-vie from many plum growers. The craft of blending and aging became their passion. Today Louis Roque is regarded as the most unique and iconic of Vi
- No minimum order.
- Free UK mainland delivery for orders over £150, or £10 below.
- Free UK mainland delivery when 3 or more bag in box wines are purchased
- For all international wine orders or general wine enquiries, please email email@example.com or phone 0207 553 9843.
Lewis eventually became a spirit merchant who, in our early days, would time his arrival into St. JOHN to perfection; Fergus would be at the bar already, digestif would be tasted and orders would be duly taken. All these years later, Lewis has sadly passed on with the family, Henry and Denise, taking up the reins. We have finally got a selection of his fine bottles on our lists for you. Lewis is here in spirit!