- No minimum order
- Free delivery throughout England for orders over £150, or £15 below
- Free delivery throughout England when 3 or more bag in a box wines are purchased
Les Clos GC Chablis 2017
Fine – Citrus – Pithy - Complex
Les Clos tends to be more accessible of the Grand Cru wines, and this year the 2017 is beautifully integrated with its oak maturation. There is an overt without being overpowering, citrus on the nose and palate along with pithy grapefruit. As with many Grand Cru there is a purity to this wine and elegance only ever seen in Chablis. The richer nuances of mandarin and lemon and supported with elegant acidity and finesse. Of Chanson’s Grand Crus this has the greatest character and interest, particularly as the oak only gives depth and texture rather than flavour.
The wine was matured in 500L oak barrels for 9 months. Ideally decant to give best flavour experience!
Les Clos is one of the most famous Grand Crus of Chablis. The area covers 24.75 hectares of a total of 101 hectares of Chablis Grand Cru appellation. While this sounds like quite a lot it is only 1% of Chablis wines that are Grand Cru. There are seven grand cru sites (or climats) in Chablis, with Les Clos being the larger of them. The vines are right in the centre of the plot with the upper part of the plot bringing in minerality and the lower part with the alluvial deposits giving richer, riper notes.
- No minimum order.
- Free delivery throughout England for orders over £150, or £15 below.
- Free delivery throughout England when 3 or more bag in box wines are purchased
- For all international wine orders or general wine enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0207 553 9843.